Wisdom Teeth Removal
Book An Online Appointment & Save Time
Wisdom Teeth Removal Armadale
Wisdom teeth are a common cause of concern among many of our patients. If you have already started feeling the symptoms of a wisdom tooth coming in it is important to schedule an appointment to see our Armadale dentist. There are a number of options available to deal with wisdom tooth pain and symptoms, including taking over-the-counter pain medication, medication prescribed by the dentist, or even wisdom teeth extraction.
If you are experiencing sore jaw, difficulty chewing, or intermittent pain in your molars, chances are good that you have some impacted wisdom teeth. We would love to help make sure that you’re comfortable and provide relief for these symptoms before they worsen by performing a simple oral exam and Wisdom Teeth Extraction at our office in Armadale WA.
Need Urgent Dental Care?
Speak to our friendly team at Prospect Road Dental and we will accommodate your request.
Wisdom Teeth Extraction Process
Wisdom teeth are the last molars to come in, often after age 16 and as late as age 21. Sometimes they can be impacted, meaning they don’t have enough room to come in or sometimes they grow sideways. If you have wisdom teeth that can’t properly fit into your mouth, your dentist or oral surgeon may recommend that you have them surgically removed.
Before the procedure, you will be given local anesthetic to numb the area. The dentist will ensure that there is no underlying infection before removing impacted teeth. The dentist will remove only the visible part of the tooth, which must be fully erupted into the mouth for removal.
After the tooth is removed, the area will be packed with gauze to stop the bleeding. You will be given antibiotics and pain medication to help manage the discomfort.
Why The Local Armadale Community Loves Prospect Road Dental
FAQ About Wisdom Teeth Removal
We'll also go over what foods and drinks might not be such a good idea when it comes to easing the post-op period. We'll cover some 'no-nos' like dairy products, citrus juices or anything else with acid content.
Be aware that while these foods are okay for a few days after surgery, you may experience some discomfort. This is because they can irritate the sensitive area where the tooth was removed and cause bleeding. If this happens, you may want to try something different.
When it comes to nutrition, it's best to stick with healthy choices like fruits, vegetables and whole grains. They'll help keep the body healthy and help heal any possible infections that may arise during surgery.
1. Avoid using mouthwash or chewing gum for at least one month after your wisdom tooth extraction. This is because some of the ingredients used in these items can worsen your pain and discomfort following a teeth-removal surgery, which is why you need to give yourself enough time to heal completely so that no complications occur.
2. Avoid brushing your teeth vigorously and vigorously for at least two minutes after a wisdom tooth removal surgery. Brushing your teeth for a period of two minutes will allow your mouth to heal properly and alleviate the pain you are feeling.
3. Avoid putting hot foods in your mouth after having a wisdom tooth removed. This is because it can cause more pain and discomfort for you when the food touches the open wound in your mouth, which is why you need to give yourself enough time to heal properly before eating anything hot or cold.
4. Avoid eating more than usual after a wisdom tooth removal surgery. This is because your mouth may not be able to heal properly on time and this can lead to pain and discomfort.
5. Avoid chewing on the same food as you did before having a wisdom tooth removed surgery. This is because different foods can cause different reactions in your mouth following a teeth-removal surgery, which is why you need to give yourself enough time to heal completely so that no complications occur.
Why Choose Prospect Road Dental Surgery
Our experience and expertise in all aspects of general and cosmetic dental procedures have attracted patients from all over Armadale. From simple check-ups to major treatments such as Root Canal, Dental Implants, and Braces, our aim is to achieve your long-term dental health and well-being.
Our friendly team will put you at ease before we begin treatment. Our first priority is ensuring your comfort during treatment. Beyond emergency treatment, our team provide a wide range of services to suit your specific needs.
We are conveniently located at Prospect Road, Armadale and offer free parking to all our patients.
We Offer the following services to all our patients:
We Accept All Major Health Funds
At Prospect Road Dental Surgery, we are a health fund participant of the major health funds, including Medibank, Bupa, HBF and HCF. Please give us a call or book online to find out more about the benefits available for our preferred health funds.